I do not care about Anna Nicole. I did not care about her when she was in movies. I did not care about her when she had her own reality show. I did not care when she got married, or went to court about the dead billionaire’s billions. I did not care when her son died. I certainly did not care when she died, and I think you can guess whether or not I care about this paternity froo-fra.
Apparently CNN, MSNBC, and the last bastion of decency that is FoxNews disagree and think I should care very much about Anna Nicole. That is the reason why they have been giving round-the-clock coverage of this nonsense. I know there isn’t 24 hours worth of real news every day, but is it really serving the public good to give constant live coverage of the paternity trial of a dead stripper while we are:
1. Enmeshed in a problematic occupation (with Iraq)
2. Almost starting a second war (with Iran)
3. Brokering a nuclear disarmament deal (with North Korea)
4. Exchanging harsh words (with Russia)
5. In the early stages of a presidential election (at home)
6. In the middle of a divided government
7. Deciding the future of how we legislate information monopolies (Sirius/XM)
8. Etc. Etc. Etc.